Slow Cooker Paella
27 g protein
12 g fat
58 g carbohydrates
This slow cooker paella takes a half hour of prep work and two hours in the slow cooker. After it’s finished in the slow cooker, you’re ready to eat,
Author: Emily Dingmann (adapted from Rachael Ray)
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 Tbsp olive oil•1½ lb (skinless, boneless) chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups short-grain rice (I used arborio)•1-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 oz chorizo
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1½ cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of saffron
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped parsley for serving
- lemon wedges for serving
- Heat oil in large pan.2. Add chicken and sprinkle with half of paprika and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer chicken to the slow cooker with a slotted spoon.
- Add rice to pan and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add to slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, broth, wine, chorizo, onion, garlic and saffron to slow cooker, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, until rice is soft, and turn off slow cooker.
- Stir in peas and let sit for 10 minutes.
Chicken and Asparagus Lemon Stir-Fry
82 g protein
14 g fat
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium shoyu or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tbsp canola or grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- Lightly season the chicken with salt. In a small bowl, combine chicken broth and soy sauce. In a second small bowl combine the cornstarch and water and mix well to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick wok over medium-high heat, when hot add 1 teaspoon of the oil, then add the asparagus and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Increase the heat to high, then add 1 teaspoon of oil and half of the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside and repeat with the remaining oil and chicken. Set aside.
- Add the soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil and cook about 1-1/2 minutes. Add lemon juice and cornstarch mixture and stir well, when it simmers return the chicken and asparagus to the wok and mix well, remove from heat and serve.
Crock Pot Cauliflower Chicken Chili
46.6 g protein
18.3 g fat (4.5 g saturated)
22.6 g carbohydrates
This chili recipe has a secret ingredient — cauliflower, the cauliflower is standing in for the beans. You can adjust the heat to your taste by adding more or less of the dried chile.
Servings: 6 servings
Author: Cook Eat Paleo
- 1/2 head of cauliflower diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 poblano pepper diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 28- ounce can organic tomato puree
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile flakes to taste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in large chunks
- Add all chili ingredients to crock pot and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Cube avocado, cut lime into wedges and chop fresh cilantro.
- Serve chili topped with avocado, a squeeze of lime juice, and cilantro to taste.