Spring is a time of new beginnings and blah blah blah, but does your body feel the same way?
If you haven’t been working consistently on your fitness and health this winter, your body may be struggling to keep up with your mind. It’s hard to make a new start when you feel sluggish and discouraged.
That’s why Wirral PT exist: to help you move from reality to your dream. If you have tried and failed at fitness, then you likely feel too paralyzed to try again. Motivating people of Wirral to get healthy, however, is what we do best. But you have to let us help you! Let’s get started. #WirralPT
A quick look back
We are going to focus mainly on what is ahead for you; the past is the past and it is best to leave it there. However, in order to make the best start, we need to take a look at what may have sabotaged your previous efforts to get in shape
- Impatience. Because we live in a society that is used to instant gratification, it can come as quite a shock to find that fitness doesn’t happen fast. There is no short cut to fitness. If you grew frustrated in the past because results didn’t happen as fast as you would like, prepare yourself now for a different attitude: we will celebrate small results and be patient as the transformation happens.
- Lack of planning. The biggest sabotage in any fitness plan is lack of planning. If you have tried fitness and failed, it is almost certain that you came up short in the area of planning. Without forethought and intentionality, you cannot eat a healthy diet, get enough sleep each night and stick with an exercise routine. This time, you will plan before you start.
- If you have attempted to get fit with little support, you are not alone. Many people try to change their lifestyle on their own. The trouble with this approach is that those around you will probably not value what you are doing. They will unintentionally or intentionally sabotage your efforts.
Forward from here
What is your dream or your goal? Do you want to lose a stone? Do you want to run a mile? Do you want to eat a diet that energizes you? Maybe you want to exercise for 6 days a week.
Do not let the distance you have to cover cause you to give up before you even begin. Recognize that this will take some time. Every single fit person you know started somewhere short of where they are now. How did they get to their present condition? By taking it one day at a time, celebrating every victory and getting up when they fall down. You can do the same.
“Failing to plan is planning to fail.” -Alan Lakein
Without a plan, your own health will always take a backseat. Having a plan will keep less important things from creeping in and sabotaging your health.
Before you even start your new healthy lifestyle, decide:
- When and how you will get your exercise (Personal training? bootcamp? running in the mornings? gym after work?)
- What foods you will eat and how you will ensure that you have access to those foods (What will your breakfasts consist of? How much caffeine will you allow yourself?)
- How you will arrange your schedule so that you get at least 7 hours of sleep each night (do you need to get the kids in bed sooner or prepare your lunches on the weekends to save time in the morning?
Without a strategy, you set yourself up for failure. Plan on succeeding! Take some time right now to jot down some ideas to overcome the obstacles that you know will arise. Be prepared for them, and you will breeze through them.
It is no secret that the biggest predictor of whether a person succeeds in their fitness and weight loss efforts is whether or not he has accountability. Getting fit is not easy, Otherwise obesity wouldn’t be on the rise! If it were easy, more people would be doing it! In order to make sure you succeed this time, get some support. That support could come from a few friends who are making a new beginning with you or a personal trainer.
The people in your support system will be genuinely interested in how you are doing. They will encourage you when you lose your motivation. They will cheer when you get up early to exercise.They will expect you to tell them how you are doing. And they will not let you fade out of the program: they will come after you if you start slacking.
#PersonalTrainerWirral #WirralPT #ResultsNotExcuses #FatLossMadeSimpleNotEasy