Weight loss is simple… when it comes to losing weight simply take in fewer calories and exercise more to burn more calories. What you also need to know is that most diets and quick weight-loss plans don’t work as promised. If it sounds to good to be true it probably is! But if you’re trying to drop a few pounds fast, then these weight loss tips will actually work, as proven by our many weight loss clients who have seen massive changes in both the scales and their body.
- Write down what you eat and drink for one week and you will lose weight! Studies show that people who keep food diaries actually eat about 15 per cent less food than those who don’t. It also allows you or your personal trainer to see exactly where you are going wrong and what you can do to eat better. Be careful; watch out for the weekends when most people tend to consume an extra 2-300 calories per weekend day, mostly from alcohol and fat.
- Get a plan. So often people either don’t know what they should be doing or are in most cases doing the wrong thing to lose weight. The term ‘cardio warrior’ spring’s to mind – how many people hammer the treadmills, cross trainers and bikes in January in an attempt to lose weight quickly? If you’re serious about getting the best results for you, then invest a little bit of money in getting a personalised training program designed for your goals and to your fitness ability. Weight loss is more than just doing an hour of cardio and not eating! A good program should incorporate resistance training, will usually include HIIT training and should always be tailored to any existing injuries you may have. A good fitness program doesn’t need to cost the earth either, check out http://online-pt.com
- Get a weight loss buddy. A weight-loss buddy can help you keep the weight off. It’s that extra motivation you need when it’s dark and cold outside and don’t really feel like going to the gym but you don’t want to let each other down, Motivation or lack of it is one of the biggest factors in weight gain. It’s important to address what your barriers to achieving your goals are. If it’s time then plan ahead for the week and make sure you both set a time to get the gym a few times per week and stick to it like an important appointment.
- Throw out your “fat” clothes for good. Once you get the weight off you don’t want to put it back on so after you lose the weight, throw out or give away every piece of clothing that doesn’t fit you. As a Personal Trainer the amount of times we hear I don’t fit into any of my suits or dresses any more is incredible… but keep it that way! It’s easy for old habits to creep back in but if you’re newly purchased shirt starts to feel bit tight again then don’t be tempted to get the old ones back out, pull your finger out and get back on track. Also the idea of having to buy a whole new wardrobe if you gain the weight again will serve as a strong incentive to stay fit.
- Bulk up your meals with vegetables. You can eat twice as much pasta, loaded with green beans and peas for half the amount of calories as a full bowl of pasta. Rice lovers have you tried cauliflower rice as an alternative? It’s incredibly easy to make and virtually carb free. There’s a recipe for it here. Same goes for stir-fries, omelettes, and other veggie-friendly dishes. If you eat a 1:1 ratio of grains to veggies, the high-fibre veggies will help satisfy your hunger before you overeat the grains.
If you are serious about making 2016 the year you achieve your weight loss goals and actually get the body you want why not book in for a free non obligation consultation to discuss your goals further with our expert personal trainers. During your complimentary consultation, we find out where you are at, what you want, why you want it, and what turns you on, then we tell you honestly how you are going to get there. Our personal training model consists of 3 key elements Lifestyle Changes – Fitness – Nutrition
- #WirralPersonalTrainer #Wirralpt #ResultsNotExcuses #FatLossMadeSimpleNotEasy